Saturday, March 14, 2009

Ramblings in my Brain

I sit here and listen to Christmas music, hear the sawing of tree limbs and the smell of burning hair and I think Garrett and Jaelyn are running with scissors. I am a great Nana. Good thing their parents will never know. Okay, it's not scissors, but they are running. It's awesome to hear them laugh and play made up games together. On the other hand, I sit here holding my little sweet pea. Even after he's spit up on me 3 times and I've changed into another shirt, I love hearing him as he spews forth his lunch. Oh, here comes Mr. Burnt Hair. He was down by the water burning the huge pile of broken limbs left he over from the ice storm. Little Landon is, for some reason, so relaxed and about to fall asleep in my arms. Or is he just thinking of the angle in which he will puke on me next time? And everyone wonders why I don't blog... I am actually paying my oldest daughter to write these words. Shhh, don't tell the other kids. Landon just fell asleep in my arms and his paci fell out. He's so tired. How is he sleeping with the other kids making so much noise? Who knows. I wanted pictures of Jaelyn helping her Papa burn the branches, but I think the camera fell into the flames. Now I will never get the pictures off the camera. This time I have a real excuse. It sounds fake. But, when I tell someone, "I don't have my pictures downloaded onto my computer." They ask me why... "Well, we dropped the camera into a big brush bonfire." That does not sound realistic. I guess I will just have to download the pictures and come clean about the camera. It's not in the fire. It still has 1,000 pictures on it. Mostly Christmas. Maybe I can get my daughter to download them all and I can make 100 albums from all of them. I will have a library of all the pictures that I take. Hmmm, sounds like fun. Come back soon and see what else I have on my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment